Hard Chrome Plating
With the longest chroming tank in the Pacific Northwest, few shops can compare with our hard chrome plating services. We can handle large cylinders with ease because of our 50′ horizontal tank and two 20′ vertical tanks. Contact our team today for more information on our industrial chrome plating services.
Our facility is home to equipment that allows us to perform unique chroming and hydraulic cylinder repairs. This includes a fully outfitted machine shop, lathe, professional paint booth, and a 5,000 psi cylinder test bench. Our 26,000 square foot facility allows us to do full service repairs on any cylinder, big or small.
Our hard chrome plating facility is home to six chroming tanks:
Industrial Hard Chrome Plating Services
Select Fluid Power offers a variety of services:
Vertical and Horizontal Chroming: This process provides consistent plating thickness over the entire surface of your rods. Our tanks allow us to chrome large components, up to 50′ in length. Because of our large tank there is no need for double dipping.
Duplex Chroming: A layering process that puts two full layers of chrome on your rods. This gives your rods high wear resistance and enhances their performance.
ID Chroming: A layer of chrome is placed on the inside of the cylinder barrel to reduce friction. This reduces the wear on your cylinder, decreasing the number of repairs it will need over time.
Our Commitment to You
Fast Turnaround Time: In addition to all our chroming services, we guarantee fast turnaround time. All chroming is done in-house 7 days a week. Therefore, if you need your equipment back up and running quickly, you can trust Select Fluid Power to deliver.
Quality Assurance: We are known for the quality of our industrial chroming throughout North America. We demonstrate this through our quality control system and our hard chrome plating certifications:
- ISO 9001:2015 Quality Management System: Our services are continuously tested to make sure we meet industry standards. We try exceed your expectations on every service we perform. This guarantees that every job we perform is completed quickly and correctly the first time.
- Lloyd’s Register: Our hard chrome plating systems and processes meet the intense standards of Lloyd’s Register. This ensures that you receive the same high quality on every job we perform. In addition for our marine customers, we can certify all chroming work on cylinders repaired for marine vessels.
Environmental Sustainability: We’re dedicated to environmental sustainability. That’s why we have implemented the following to continue decreasing our environmental footprint.
- Multi-layer Containment Pit: Our shop is home to fully concealed chroming tanks in a multi-layer containment pit. This pit eliminates any exposure to the soil.
- Air Filtration System: To ensure we don’t contaminate our environment, we have installed an air filtration system. This filters small particles and gases produced from repair services before releasing it back into the atmosphere.
- ISO 14001:2015 Environmental Management System Certification: We are always reducing our impact on the environment. We are also actively working to improve our carbon foot print. Because of this we have received the ISO 14001:2015 EMS certification. We earned this by streamlining our operations while controlling our energy usage and reducing our waste.