Machine Shop Services
Whether you need a complete repair, redesign, or custom fabrication from print or old parts, Select Fluid Power has the capability to meet your requirements. Our state-of-the-art machine hydraulic features quality equipment including:
- Lathe that can handle up to 27′ in length and 42″ swing diameter.
- Honing capabilities up to 45′ in length and a 24″ in bore.
- Cylindrical grinder that can handle up to 25″ D x 14′ L x 5,000 lbs.
- Test bench that pressure tests up to 5,000 psi.
- Certified paint booth for final finishes.
- 16-ton crane system that can handle the largest cylinders in the market.
- Cylindrical polisher that can handle up to 30″ D x 50′ L x 6,000 lbs.
How We Can Serve You
Do you have a cylinder in need of urgent repair or honing? As a full-service repair facility, we offer the following machine shop services to bring your components back to original specification:
- Universal Tools: Our tools and equipment are capable pf working with both metric and imperial threads. This ensures that we can repair cylinders from anywhere in the world.
- Welding: With MIG & Stick CWB certified technicians, we can handle the most complex welding job safely and efficiently.
Regardless of the difficult of your repairs, you can rest assured that the job will be done right. Listed below are some examples of the complex repairs we have completed:
- Multi-Stage Cylinder Repair: As part of our project management services, we disassembled a 45′ marine cylinder on site and transported it to our shop for repairs. After the repairs were completed, we simulated the exact working conditions with our 5,000 psi test bench to ensure it was ready to be reinstalled without issue. We then transported it back to the terminal and reinstalled it at 1:30 am. This entire emergency breakdown repair was completed in 78 hours!
- Boom Stick Thumb Cylinder: We repairs a 2,500 lbs cylinder for an excavator shovel. During this process, we vertically re-chromed its 11′ long 6″ diameter rod back to original specification and manufactured a new piston on our lathe. Our technicians worked around the clock to complete this job in 48 hours.
- Material Handling Mast Cylinder: This 2,800 lbs 18′ cylinder was completely repaired in house. This included welding and machining the component’s threads, honing the barrel, then repairing and re-chroming the rods. After the cylinder was repaired it was tested on our state-of-the-art test bench, painted, and returned to our customer ready to work. This comprehensive repair was completed in 13 days.
- Butterfly Valve Servo Cylinder: This repair required us to be Lloyd’s Register certified as we needed to work on two flow controls for a dam. This cylinder was 16′ pin to 23′ pin extended with an outer diameter of 48″ and weighed 15,000 lbs. Our 16 ton crane system allowed us to maneuver the large cylinder throughout the different stages of the repair. The entire repair was done in house due to our shop’s capabilities. These repairs included honing the cylinder barrel, machine head brushing to remove scoring, chroming within .002″/.004″, and outer diameter grinding and polishing to specifications of 6.500″ + .000/-.001. This entire complex repair was completed in 3 weeks.
Fast Turn Around Times
We understand that you need your equipment up and running as soon as possible. That’s why Select Fluid Powr works hard to make sure you receive quick turnaround times on all our machine shop services. Do you have an emergency repair? No problem! We accept drop ins and emergency requests in addition to our scheduled repairs. Our team will work to meet the strictest deadlines regardless of the size of your job.